Friday, January 27, 2012

27 :: 365


Do-over...

Re-editing a few pictures from the past for a Down syndrome website :)

I've always loved this picture. But my skin was a wreck that day. It was the day before my father's funeral, and the day we sealed Max to us in the Salt Lake temple, as we had just finalized his adoption. So many tears, there were tiny red veins popping out all over my skin. Max had fallen and skinned his upper lip. And my skin was so pink compared to Max's Hispanic olive skin. Tried to tone everything down without loosing too much skin texture.







DSC-HX1 (not DSLR)
Auto Mode
ISO 125  10/5000  f/4

PSE8 ::
1. Used healing brush to fix some of the skin blemishes
2. Ran CoffeeShop Baby PowderRoom action to even skin tone, specifically adding more brown instead of just trying to de-redden
3. Adjusted levels
4. Desaturated colors a bit
5. Added a touch of sepia tone
6. Added 'noise' to my cheek for more texture - may need a little more - still looks kinda flat
I hope to be a skin expert by day 365 - ha!

                  Before:                                                          After:
 
{Click to enlarge and compare}

No comments:

Post a Comment