Wednesday, January 11, 2012

11 :: 365

Boy in a bucket. His new favorite TV watching place.
Working on metering and exposure - easier to practice on a contained kiddo.
Sony a55 :: 50mm f1.8 lens
ISO 3200  f/1.8  1/60
Had to crank up the ISO, which equals noise. Not my favorite. Then when I edited skin, it smoothed too much and doesn't match the rest of the picture. Oh well. It's practice, right?
SOOC image
PSE8 ::
1. Reduced noise
2. Ran CoffeeShop Baby Powder action to fix the red chappy cheeks
3. Adjusted color for skin tone
4. Used cloning tool to remove some background distraction

Way over exposed and bad white balance, but I liked this shot better, so I went with B&W for a bad lighting disguise!
ISO 6400  f/4   1/10
SOOC image
PSE8 ::
1. Adjusted white balance
2. Adjusted levels
3. Ran Pioneer Woman B&W Beauty
4. Reduced noise






1 comment:

  1. My son (now 16) loved sitting in a laundry basket watching TV. I'd love to know why the little ones like that confinement. I'm sure there is a reason. I have funny pictures of him in the basket with a pillow just chillaxin!

    ReplyDelete